The Glory Days
This blog is about friendship, about the little incidents that make us laugh , cry ,forgive ,get angry ,about incidents that remind us to enjoy life every moment.Incidents that are forgotten as we grow old .This blog will help us reminisce the memories and smile when we look back at our lives..Never cry coz its over , smile coz it happened.

Yaz - The Introduction

By Chowdapa

Hi guys! My friends Rd and Guns have done a great job with this 'chowdapa' blog and I will assist them from now on. My name is Yaseen, friends call me yaz. Infact I have so many nicknames that I get a new nick where ever I go[school or college] as for everyone else except me, my name is a bit knotty! Whereas if I tell them my full name, it will leave them spell bound. My full name is not that tough.. after all it is Kinaramakkel Abubaker Yaseen AbdulRahiman.. See! Aint that easy? Now, if you are thinking that I might have around two to three nicks then you damn wrong. I have gone to more schools than anyone of you.. May be around 10.. So I am also known as unnikuttan, kayar, yashin, yasir, jasin, jasmin, yaz and many I dont wanna tell!

So much about my name now let me tell you about me. From childhood I have been a sportsperson. Like every other child I liked playing but as my parents say that they didnt like me playing for too long as I play differently, unlike other children I play as if I will die if my team loses. I take it too seriously. Well, I admit that I play with my heart but I surely wont die if I lose a game. I gave my everything to sports as a result I was just an average student when it came to academics. And you all know that in india you cant get good grades by doing well in sports. And its not that I played for the state or the nation, but I played with my friends and the neighbourhood. My friends and neighbourhood kept on changing, so did the sport I played. I could never focus on one game for more than two years. The reason for that is, if in the 5th and 6th grade I played cricket in Don bosco, Kerala, in 7th and 8th I played football with the arabs! I still remember my days in F.A.I.P.S, kuwait. How I waited for the lunch break bell to ring.. As soon as the bell rang we used to run to the football ground like mad dogs. Then begins the battle - Indians vs Arabs. There were hundreds of kids who wanna play, so the easiest way to divide us were as Indians vs Arabs. To an outsider it seemed like hundreds of stray dogs fighting for one piece of bone. Arabs though less in number, mine being an Indian School, are very talented when it comes to football. I have even played football with the wild arab kids who studied in arab schools. They are as fast as cristiano ronaldo and as rough as gattuso in their game. In 9th I lost my interest in football. Arab kids dont stay till 9th as C.B.S.E is not recognised in their country so they leave before the boards. Now as we admire our seniors in 11th and 12th who played basketball and it is the game that girls love to watch, and that boys love to show off. My new game became basketball. I played crap in 9th and played ok in 10th but I decided to take this game for more than two years. I left kuwait after 10th because my dad went back to ship and because of the famous P.C Thomas entrance coaching which tamed children for the engineering and medical entrance exams. Though in kerala they played different sports, I held on to my passion for basketball and played district level C.B.S.E tournament as my School team captain.Unfortunately, I caught flu on the Doom's day! But I took antibiotics and stepped into the coalface! We played against teams much better than us and came second in the tournament or as my friend Jayanth says we lost!

 

Post a Comment

4 comments so far.

  1. RD :) May 29, 2008 at 5:45 PM
    Welcome to our world buddy! keep it going..
  2. Anonymous June 7, 2008 at 7:55 PM
    thank you rd..
  3. Onward June 22, 2008 at 1:45 PM
    arre yaar...u forgot to mention the numerous hours me & u d cut classes playin one on one...anyways good post
  4. Yaseen July 13, 2008 at 3:37 PM
    Thanks Amith! Yeah I agree that I didnt write all that but then there is alot to write about..You can say that this is just a brief intro :):)

Something to say?