The Glory Days
This blog is about friendship, about the little incidents that make us laugh , cry ,forgive ,get angry ,about incidents that remind us to enjoy life every moment.Incidents that are forgotten as we grow old .This blog will help us reminisce the memories and smile when we look back at our lives..Never cry coz its over , smile coz it happened.

Adaptation continued ..

By ~guns~

 

Continuing from where I left off. The thief crossed the tracks and ran away and left me

standing on the platform ,short of breath and feeling totally stupid that I had gone through

this ordeal for nothing !! I started making my way back to my compartment, and the policemen

were still sipping tea and talking among themselves , apparently about something funny, coz

they were laughing out loud ..I looked at them with contempt but I knew my limits..at the

end of the day , they are on the right side of the law..so I restricted myself to giving

them only "the look of contempt" although "telling them they were number 1" with my finger

crossed my mind many times..:) ..when I reached the compartment, my co passengers were

waiting at the gate, and the old man asked " beta , pakda ??" ..I nodded my head in

dissent..and surprisingly , they all nodded their head in sheer

disappointment..disappointment with me that I did not catch him and that they had lost their

money!! they all retreated back to their seats , few of them murmuring that I should have

run faster and caught him ..one old man even said " main tumhari umar ka hota , toh jhat se

pakad leta"..I said " lekin aap NAHI ho, aapki umar bhaagne daudne ki nahi rahi".i was

already quite pissed and my curt reply kinda quietened him...

 

Anyways , the journey started, it was damn hot..the peak of summer, in a 2nd class

compartment, packed with people , is not at all pleasant!!I dozed while sitting..I was

sitting on the side seats, meant for two people..when I woke up I found 5 people sitting

there and 6 people on the berth above..the heat was getting to me, I did not feel like

eating , coz of the stench of sweat from all these people..and to TOP that, the toilet was

malfunctioning and everything that was meant to be inside the toilet was slowly leaking out

..I tried hard to fall asleep again ,but couldn't..moreover this man sitting next to me was

slowly conquering more space on MY seat..I asked him politely " aap kahan tak jaoge ??" ..he

said something and then his face came a few inches closer to my face, cocked his head and

asked in a gruff voice " TU kidhar jaa riya hai ??" ..needless to say, the conversation was

over..this guy was not going to budge from my seat, I resigned to that fate..as time passed

by, it got hotter..the water I had bought was over..I ate a few biscuits and immediately I

felt like puking ..while I was trying to control that, these people , one after the other

started taking off their shirts coz of the heat and sat bare-chested, proper villager

style..and villagers don't use deodorants..I was giving it my all not to puke all over the

place..there was already enough filth around !!! . I went to the washbasin and put water

over my head lotsa times, but to no avail..I still felt the same..I came back to my seat,

closed my eyes and thought I should just accept these things instead of fighting them ..and

15 minutes later, if u would have walked into the compartment , u couldn't have spotted the

city boy( me ) from the folks there, coz I was sitting without my shirt , wearing a wet 

"gamcha (towel)" around my head , just like those people, and talking in their tone saying "

DIlli jaa riya hoon " ..The adaptation was complete..

 

Post a Comment

15 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous December 22, 2008 at 6:01 PM
    lol.. We all have adapted a lot in C-124 esp when it rains!!! but guns can adapt to any situation just like a Chameleon changing its color according to the surroundings!
  2. ~guns~ December 22, 2008 at 6:59 PM
    saale , chameleon !!! aur koi bhi example nahi mila tujhe ??? lol...
  3. Anonymous December 23, 2008 at 12:09 AM
    lol.. chameleon is also one of the dirtiest animal in the world :)).. rofl and tera naya naam!!
  4. ~guns~ December 23, 2008 at 10:09 AM
    and there's an animal called A** and thats the proudest animal ..rofl..and THAT is your new name ..lol ..
  5. Anonymous December 23, 2008 at 1:57 PM
    U take things too seriously man...
  6. ~guns~ December 23, 2008 at 2:17 PM
    duude !!! that was a joke man !!! i aint serious !! :) ..
  7. Anonymous December 25, 2008 at 6:30 AM
    but guys! i gotta be serious now..
    "oye launde! Dilli Pahunchda ke nayi.... " lolz :)
    yar these are typically our true experiences.. keep it up n don't ever forget the Gurjar accent we learnt bak in noida... :)
  8. Anonymous December 26, 2008 at 11:16 AM
    well written Ganesh !! it really feels nice to read ur blogs . They bring special memories of home .

    "kyun launde , sahi kah riya hoon na ....."
  9. Almas Kiran Shamim December 30, 2008 at 12:50 PM
    hey all... the first time i read your blog was wen u wrote the 'mice episode' :)... i then went back and finished reading all the other posts.....
    you have a mast blog.... kasam se...
    :)
    tc
    tatas :)
  10. Chowdapa January 2, 2009 at 4:39 PM
    bilkul sahi keh riya hai shishir bhai ..hehe..and thanx a ton jalpari , such encouragement is wat keeps us going !!! thank you so much !!!!
  11. hemant_finding my way January 28, 2009 at 12:34 AM
    I must say ,you do have a knack for writing.Very interesting..!
  12. Anonymous February 4, 2009 at 9:26 AM
    Hey Guns!!! wud have read much earlier had u sent it on normal mail instead of orkut msg.. Read it by chance..
    very well written dude.. all thanks to the teachers who gave u home tuitions in specific languages:-)
  13. Anonymous March 11, 2009 at 8:35 PM
    hey gunz and co.,
    how r u guys?
    well wonderful adaptation gunz... ab bhartiya rail ke 2nd class me angrej allowed nai hain... so u had to make the transition...:)
  14. Anonymous March 27, 2009 at 6:09 AM
    hilarious!loved the wash basin and gamcha part!!!!
  15. Unknown March 28, 2009 at 3:20 PM
    manne bhi bahut bura laga tere liye!!! gud 1

Something to say?