The Glory Days
This blog is about friendship, about the little incidents that make us laugh , cry ,forgive ,get angry ,about incidents that remind us to enjoy life every moment.Incidents that are forgotten as we grow old .This blog will help us reminisce the memories and smile when we look back at our lives..Never cry coz its over , smile coz it happened.

The Librarian

By Chowdapa

We were all sitting in the library , the whole gang..most were studying, since it was the time of placements, everyone was trying desperately to up their ante ..Engineering is always about last minute studying , at least thats what i figured , in amity ...i was reading the news paper and RD was tinkering with his fone, engaging in whispering conversations time to time ..The librarian was a strict man , of around 50 years of age ..Morning , evening , and i assume at nite , and even while sleeping( i assume ) , his expression remains the same , a frown and full of anger ..ive never seen him smile in the 4 years in college ,except when he talks with RAVI..i dont know the reason, but while talking to ravi he becomes a different person ,he smiles , pats him on d head and other signs of affection ..weirrrrrrdd...
anyways ,it so happened , that i got a call ..its not allowed to attend calls in the library ..about my cellfone , it was big black and bulky , the kind of fones neanderthals would have used , if technology would have permitted them to make one:) .and it had a shrill ringtone ..anyone hearing it ring would look at me with contempt, suggesting i eother pick up the damn call or cut it or throw d fone on d ground and stamp on it !

The librarian was reading a book , and as soon as d fone rang , he was jolted out of concentration ..he was glaring at me through his glasses..RD had seen this, and was hitting me with his elbow to keep the fone down ..i calmly spoke on d fone , in a very low voice for 2 minutes , without disturbing anyone ,and kept the fone down ..no problems ..then i heard the ruffle of papers and the librarian shouted at the top of his voice " get outta the libraryyy"!!
everyone stopped studying and waited patiently for me to get up and get going..i remained seated and asked innocently " WHY ??"

like in a tennis match , all the students looked at the librarian ..he was trembling with rage now ..the veins on his bald head were popping out .." its not allowed to talk on the fone in the library , can't you read , did'nt u see the rule written over there" ??

my turn.."im not speaking on the fone now ..ive already spoken..ive kept the fone down now"

he couldn't permit my audacity..he had to show me whos da boss!! he folded his sleeves and got up from his chair ...i folded up MY sleeves and got up from my seat ..and to add insult, i ran my fingers through my hair.HA..

he started shouting, his english all garbled and without grammar because of his anger..in short, the 15 minutes he spoke , wat he really wanted to say was " GETTT OUTTTTTT"..i was like ok ..i shook hands with all my friends, everyone giving me their widest grin , and was walking out when he shouted again..it wasn't over yet.."and take ur books along with you , i dont want anything that belongs to you in the library..take them away NOWWWWW" ..that was it ..now it was my turn, the switch flipped, and i shouted back " NO I WON'T" ..

he opened his eyes wide , not used to the tone in which i was speaking to him now, "how dare YOU talk to me like that..take ur books now and Go" ..i shouted " U can't make me take the books away " ..

he banged his hand on the desk and said " i'll burn the books if u dont take them away rite nowww !!" ..and then i couldnt control my laughter .." burn them , bury them , eat them , u cant make me take the books ..they arent mine!" ..and then the whole library burst out laughing and i made a hasty exit!!

He asked for my name from my friends , but the chowdapa gang does'nt squeal ...at least not when the librarian is questioning.. :)

 

Post a Comment

10 comments so far.

  1. Rakhi July 24, 2008 at 7:14 PM
    Were you actually so audacious? Poor librarian...I pity him!!
  2. Chowdapa July 25, 2008 at 11:31 AM
    audacity is directly proportional to the number of people backing me ..n at that time , the whole gang was there.:) .
  3. Yaseen July 25, 2008 at 12:04 PM
    This comment has been removed by the author.
  4. Yaseen July 25, 2008 at 12:07 PM
    except me :(.. dude, I wasnt there at that time.. but I always messed with our dept's librarian couple :) and many many teachers or you can say, they wanted to mess with me!
  5. Ash D July 26, 2008 at 8:46 AM
    :D that clearly was fun!!!!!!!!!
  6. Think Shink July 28, 2008 at 2:25 PM
    I could only imagine what you three and the rest of the gang looked like so far - coz your profile picture is not so clear. But now the gang's pix you have uploaded is nice.
    And the librarian story is too funny!!! Keep writing! I love it.
  7. Chowdapa July 28, 2008 at 4:40 PM
    Thank you! and keep posting ur worthy comments:)
  8. Anonymous July 31, 2008 at 8:45 PM
    Haha...thats why college life is so much...Can anyone dare do this to their boss?
  9. Yaseen August 1, 2008 at 3:31 PM
    True :) but when it comes to C-124 gang.. U never Know!
  10. Mani The Monk August 25, 2008 at 1:58 PM
    simply unable to control my giggles at work....

    abey yaar guess now just nostalgia is left .... yeah.....

    lol but !! u must had a grt time with this guy.. i mean the librarian... hope he wasnt a bp patient....

    lolzzzzzzz !!

    hilarious stuff bhai... keep up the gud work... and ur blog luks fab.. just fab....

    cheers !!

Something to say?